HTML (REGULAR) PAGES
WHAT IS HTML?
HTML Stands for Hypertext Markup Language, and it is the code in which websites are written.
IMPORTANT NOTE ON UPDATES:
We would like to caution you that once a website is completed (final invoice has been sent) it is owned by you, the customer. This means that any changes made by the customer using Contribute or any other HTML or content editor are the sole responsibility of the customer. If something needs to be fixed by Imaracom, it will be subject to the $65.00 per hour maintenance fee. We strongly recommend making a copy of anything you are planning on changing, so that you may revert it if the changes do not go as planned. Thank you.
HOW TO UPDATE YOUR PAGES WITH CONTRIBUTE
Open the Contribute program
2. The first time you use the program, you will have to “set a new connection” by typing in the site address and password
3. The next time you open the program, it should immediately go to your “connection” (website)
4. Type in or browse to the exact webpage you want to update (Example: www.YOURSITE.com/aboutus.htm)
5. Click the “Edit Page” button
6. This will open a copy in which you can make all necessary changes to your site. PLEASE NOTE: Once you publish the new page, it will overwrite the existing page and completely erase. Please make sure you have a backup of all text and images in case of a mistake.
7. When you are done making changes, click “Publish” to replace the existing page with your newly edited page
8. Don’t forget to close the program when finished.